We are looking for a talented and creative content editor to assist our growing editorial team. This role is an assistant editor position supporting editors on our personal loans and credit cards section.
The candidate must have a brief knowledge in financial industry and United States lending process. Services that we offer to our customers – saving accounts, CDs, money markets, personal loans, and debt consolidation loans. The editor responsibilities, developing subject matter expertise is the ultimate goal. The content this editor will work on primarily consists of SEO Optimized articles and blocks but also may include studies, surveys, feature stories, and original news stories written by our team of writers.
- Work with our team – Remote. Freelancer is mostly preferred.
- Communicating the managing editors in reaching editing goals for the month.
- Help create outlines/story briefs for writing assignments.
- Assist managing editors in tracking assignment progress on our internal editorial calendar as well as task management using our web-based software.
- Research regularly for latest financial industry updates.
- Feedback to writers for better improvement in writing and creating ideas.
- Format articles as best professional as possible before publication, working with our remote formatting team to achieve the very best results.
- May be asked to assist editors in other verticals as needed, so versatility in subject matter expertise is preferred.
- You have to be an organized person to maintain your regular tasks. You will be helping the editorial manager and managing all daily posting articles, keeping tabs on where we are and where we plan on going next.
- You have a strong relationship to industry and knowledge of sources in the personal finance space and are able to connect writers and video producers when needed to trusted sources.
- You are not afraid to give and receive criticism in an effort to improve our content.
- Work with both staff writers and a remote freelance writing workforce.
- Able to handle multiple projects and work efficiently without sacrificing quality.
- Excellent communicator and always willing to offer constructive feedback to writers and video producers and share ideas.
- You understand what it takes to make a personal finance story truly sing and stand out among the vast amount of finance content already on the web
- Willing to work with writers on an individual basis to push writing and continually improve performance
Minimum one-year editing experience and two years writing experience for a digital publication on regular basis. Experience with personal finance and SEO content optimization preferable.
Will be required to regularly use tools such as Google Docs, Slack, web-based management software.
To apply for this job please sent us your portfolio and brief description of your past experience and expertise.